Monday, March 26, 2007

Flora's check-up

Today Jill came over to weigh Flora. She weighs 7lbs, 10ozs. That's two more ounces than her birth weigh. Yay, Flora!!!! I am continuing to breast feed, but I don't have to pump anymore, I can just feed her on both breasts, and supplement her with formula. She usually drinks 2-3 ounces at a feeding and she eats every two to three hours. I am trying to make an appointment with a lactation consultant to see if she can offer more suggestions to increase my milk, like a prescription or a supplemental nursing system. So, we'll see...
As for me, I am doing well. Jill said I am healing nicely and that I look great and am acting like I haven't even had a baby. Even though I have to get up a couple times a night, I still have quite a bit of energy. I even got to go out for an hour and a half on Sat. I went to Cranky Pat's to see the Blue Heels, one of my favorites. I had a lot of fun and even danced a little. My friend Vicky told my I should stay still, but I told her, "I have a lot to dance about!", a beautiful baby and a wonderful, caring husband.
We have gone for two walks with Flora already, thanks to the nice weather. We are going to walk downtown right now to find a gift for Auntie Robyn's birthday. Have a super day and get out and enjoy the weather if you can!!!
Kristy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice update, Kristy. Thank you. The picture of Flora on the right of the webpage is precious. And so is the one with the cat. Good luck with the nursing. You continue to amaze me with your energy & contentment. I am very proud of you. Jeanne